Five years of Brotherhood

Tactical Commando Force ®

Briefing Room

Forum Home > {Tactical Commando Force} News Signals > Ranks of Ranking Recruits and (R)others

Rickcastle45
Limited Member

I thought it was just about time we all stopped complaining on the Guestbook, where anyone can read it, to a forum post.

Shall we continue?

April 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Karts

I am just trying to say that this is a sever year old game. The only thing most people are likely staying for is the familiar mod tools and the community, and making the community less open may not be the best thing for the SWBF as a whole  .

April 25, 2013 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{Recruit} TheLastBossaru

Well I have nothing to complain about.

--

Battles are never the end of war; for the dead must be buried and the cost of the conflict must be paid.—James A. Garfield

April 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

«Jenson»
Limited Member

Well, how do you plan to train on SWBFII? It's not like you'll ever get anything done via tunngle or gameranger.. I uninstalled GameRanger because of all the stinking viruses, I kept it as long as I could and fought off the viruses with my program, but you can only do it for so long..

I hardly get on tunngle as it is, and really, you won't need to 'train' for SWBF events or anything anyways... It's not like there are a billion tournaments and funwars going on..

What you could do is train for SWBFII (which I am fairly good at with sniper, I love the no reticule, it makes me far more accurate, I can do VERY well with any hero class and pilot for any era).. and host tournaments and funwars, since there is quite a lack of that in SWBFII.

And I used to be just like you guys, and hated the gameplay of SWBFII because of the 'horrid controls!', but really, if you just give it a while, you will learn to love it. I personally love both games equally now, but more SWBFII because of the ever growing community.

EDIT: EXCEPT FOR THE CHAT, I ABSOLUTELY HATE SWBFII LAG CHAT....

April 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Karts

Can't the controls be edited to be identical in the games GUI?

April 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

«Jenson»
Limited Member

Yes, but the overall control and feel of the game is COMPLETELY different.

And some things that are also different in munipulation of the games;

You cannot grenade jump or throw mines (yes, I know, mines in RL are too heavy to throw, and you can't really jump on a grenade realisticly.. But come on, it's a game...)

It's harder to fight because of over manuvering comparison to SWBF style gameplay, there are more flashing lights and buttons to click on (which is confusing, as well as annoying), the maps are FAR larger, and harder to navigate, tanks and hover-vehicles are very hard to control without alot of practice...

--

April 25, 2013 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{TcF}-Penguin-{G}(11th)
Site Owner

I'd rather play Call of Duty than SWBFII.

--

Americans don’t work to live—they work to stuff their home with Chinese-made products that no one will want after they die.

April 26, 2013 at 1:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{Recruit} TheLastBossaru

Well I like swbf2 better than COD.

--

Battles are never the end of war; for the dead must be buried and the cost of the conflict must be paid.—James A. Garfield

April 26, 2013 at 7:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{TcF}=Laytro={G}{65th}
Administrator

I like Halo better than COD and swbf2.

--
“Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.” 
                                                                                                -Sun Tzu
April 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{TcF}=RC-54={MS}(65th)

Yes, Krats stated it PERFECTLY. Chances are, we won't get many* new recruits. Now, I think this is the perfect place to discuss the topic that is always on my mind, and that is how to get promoted. I don't really feel like going on another big rant, so jut read my comments in the Comlink, you may have to go back several pages though.

I'll just brush over what I've said a bit here.. We could make some sort of mission thing out of the promotion system, and have them limited to every now and then so we don't end up with complete ARCs. Maybe you don't like that idea, well then give a list of do's and don'ts**, do something please, and for probably the 9th time, I AM NOT ASKING FOR A PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!***

* If ANY
**  There was a list of don'ts (ways to get demoted or fired), but I cannot find it anymore.
*** Penguin and several others have given me a hard time about asking for a promotion, so read it again if you have to...

April 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rickcastle45
Limited Member

There are already rules for the Officer ranks and such - didn't you read the Ranks page...?

Also, I'm trying to develop a good training system in SWBF2, but it's difficult because I can't show any of it to Penguin because he's ever on it... (glares)

April 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

«Jenson»
Limited Member

I know you are BOTH generals and all, but really, must you have to show him EVERYTHING? I mean, no offence penguin, really, but you are quite inactive, and are almost never on anything...

Is there is a specific reason why you must show everything to him RIGHT AWAY before going any furthur? I mean really, what harm can it do to practice on anything for SWBFII, it's not like praticing the wrong thing is going to hurt anything, you can practice pretty much whatever you want and get good at it.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is, you can't really stop a whole clan for 1 person not being there when he is needed, it just doesn't work that way...

April 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rickcastle45
Limited Member

Unfortunately, I do. I cannot make decisions, but I can enforce them and propose and plan, but they need to be approved by High Command.

April 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{TcF}=RC-54={MS}(65th)

I understand that you're very busy with stuff, Rick, and that's fine. But as I said a while back, it doesn't need to be done all at once.

"After Officer's training which a soldier is required to make account on {TcF} website, and pass the requirements for officership.",

That really says nothing on how to get promoted, what are the requirements? And how can you even get to that point? How can you get to Officer rank? How can you get promoted from LC to Sgt and so on? TcF has MANY ranks, but how the heck can we expect to EVER get one if there is no page saying how? Just wait for the Generals to promote?

April 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rickcastle45
Limited Member

When I spoke of limitations, it was to the Elected ranks:

In {TcF} every branch has a election for one Brigadier General (...) Lieutenant Generals, like brigadier generals, are limited to 1 per branch (...) In TcF there is a limit of 3 generals (maximum) in the clan one for each branch, being army, marines and air force.

True, the ranks do not tell us anything on how to get promoted; it needs to get done, and some day soon I hope.

April 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{TcF}=RC-54={MS}(65th)

I'm glad someone agrees with me!

April 26, 2013 at 9:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

«Jenson»
Limited Member

So, what you're saying is, you don't even really know?

April 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{Recruit} TheLastBossaru

Well lets see what our High Commader has to say about this.

--

April 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{TcF}-Penguin-{G}(11th)
Site Owner

We'll be working on a new system at our big clan meet in June, so every one get tunngle so you can come to it.

--

Americans don’t work to live—they work to stuff their home with Chinese-made products that no one will want after they die.

April 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

«Jenson»
Limited Member

I doubt we'll have to use tunngle now, read my post in the GB.

I think I'll finally make a patch for BFbuilder for Penguin and combine the app with a SWBF launcher that controls the window width (like in windowed mode), a visual upgrade patch (1.3.5 update), and runs the app for use in online servers.  Which shall be a handy tool.

April 29, 2013 at 1:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Reports

by {TcF} Rex 1 months ago
by {TcF} Rex over a year ago
kk
by {TcF}-Penguin-{G}(11th) over a year ago

-Recent Videos-

746 views - 0 comments
764 views - 3 comments
914 views - 6 comments
1226 views - 3 comments